Feb 26, 2024
SFCC Catalog 2023-2024
To be eligible to receive a degree or certificate from SFCC, students must meet the following requirements as well as those listed under the specific program students wish to pursue.
- The student must maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and must complete all required course work. No course numbered below 1110 (111) is acceptable for graduation credit.
- A grade of C or higher is required for core and program required courses.
- Transfer credits may be used toward graduation requirements as recommended by the faculty, with the following requirements and/or guidelines:
- Residency requirement: Transfer students must earn at least one-quarter of the total number of required credit hours (nine credit hours minimum) for the degree or certificate at SFCC. This shall include a minimum of one-quarter of the core requirements.
- Technical or occupational courses accepted in transfer may, with the approval of the appropriate dean, be substituted for SFCC course requirements. Such work might not apply toward courses in a major or toward general education curriculum requirements.
- A GPA for all courses accepted in transfer and for those used to meet graduation requirements must equal 2.0 or more.
- The student must submit a Petition to Graduate to the Registrar. The following are the deadlines for submittal:
|Academic Year 2023-2024
|June 23, 2023
|September 8, 2023
|February 2, 2024
|June 21, 2024
The student graduates in the semester in which all graduation requirements are completed, even though there may not be a graduation ceremony scheduled for that semester.
- All debts to the college must be paid in full before a degree is awarded and noted on the student’s official academic record.
Graduation with Honors
Students who have completed at least 25 percent of their required course work at SFCC, have passed a cumulative of 16 credits, and whose cumulative GPA falls within a certain range will graduate with honors. A notation to that effect will appear on the student’s transcript. Honors categories are as follows:
|3.50 to 3.74
|3.75 to 3.99
|With High Honors
|With Highest Honors
Subsequent Degrees and Certificates
A student who has earned an associate degree from SFCC and wishes to pursue another SFCC degree must earn at least 15 additional credits over and above the general studies requirements in the subsequent degree plan.
To qualify for an additional certificate, a student must earn at least nine credits more than those required to earn the previous certificate.